Crime Solvers Central
Crime Solvers Central
295 Cases Solved. Advancing justice for missing persons, unsolved homicides, unidentified and unclaimed remains.

Forum Posts for Richard Alicea:
Be respectful. Abuse of these forums will not be tolerated.

Has anyone looked into the weather reports from the day Richard and Edwin went missing? I did some digging, and the small craft warning that was issued definitely points to really dangerous conditions out there. But what I found interesting was a few local boaters had said they decided not to set out that day because it was so rough. I wonder if anyone saw them leave the marina or take a different route to avoid the worst of it. Also, do we know if they had proper navigation gear on board? It’s just puzzling that experienced guys would head out given the warnings. I feel like there has to be more to their decision to make the trip under those conditions.
Hey everyone, I was going through the details of Richard Alicea and Edwin Pritchard's disappearance and something struck me. Has anyone looked into the weather reports and marine forecasts from December 12, 2009, in detail? I’ve read that there was a small craft warning in effect, but I’m curious if there’s more to what the forecasts were predicting and how it compared to typical conditions for that time of year.
Also, were there any other planned trips or reported maritime incidents in the same area around that time? I feel like understanding the marine traffic and conditions could provide further insights. With the findings of the boat parts on that isolated island, it makes me wonder how the weather might have steered them there. Would love to hear if anyone here has looked into this aspect further!
Hey everyone, I've been looking into the disappearance of Richard Alicea and Edwin Pritchard, and I keep coming back to the weather conditions at the time. There was a small craft warning on December 12, 2009, which definitely makes you wonder about their decision to head out that day. I know they had made the trip to Bimini successfully before, but those choppy waters and strong winds can be really unpredictable. Does anyone here have experience with sailing or boating in similar conditions? How risky do you think it would have been for them to try to make that journey considering the weather warnings? I can't stop thinking that maybe the sea conditions played a bigger role than we might realize. Curious to hear your thoughts or if you have any similar experiences.