295 Cases Solved. Advancing justice for missing persons, unsolved homicides, unidentified and unclaimed remains.
Forum Posts for Roger Kimberly: Be respectful. Abuse of these forums will not be tolerated.
I've been thinking a lot about the Kimberlys' journey and their decision to sail that day. I know it's easy to backseat navigate after the fact, but I can't help but wonder about the weather conditions. June in Florida is notorious for unpredictable weather, and from what I've read, they encountered some pretty rough seas. Does anyone else think the weather might have escalated faster than they anticipated, or could there have been a sudden change that they couldn't avoid? I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been for the family, especially the kids. It’s just so puzzling to me that they would risk sailing in those conditions. Would love to hear anyone else’s thoughts on this aspect.
Send Private Message
Characters: 0/5000
Has anyone else been puzzled by the timeline in the Roger Dallen Kimberly case? The last known call was at 3:00 p.m. when Ace reported their location and the worsening weather, but it seems odd that they decided to continue sailing despite the conditions. I’ve read that the boat had mechanical issues—does anyone know if this might have contributed to their inability to navigate or if they had any prior knowledge of these storms before setting sail? It’s haunting to think about how quickly things might have escalated. With no distress signal sent out, were they perhaps unable to communicate after that call due to power loss or equipment failure? Would love to hear thoughts or insights on this angle.